- Are you scared you don’t understand what you need to for the financial side of your business?
- Is managing self-employment taxes overwhelming?
- Do you need to learn how to calculate your quarterly taxes to avoid IRS penalties and fees?
- Do you feel like you just don't know if you are doing your accounting correctly?
It all started with a single therapist who came to me and started asking all sorts of questions about bookkeeping and taxes. She wanted to start her own practice, but grad school didn’t cover the part about actually running her business: things like keeping track of expenses, how to do her taxes, and identifying tax deductions. She needed help, so she came to me to ask these questions, and then started recommending me to her fellow therapists and friends.
Let’s talk about Janet:
Many therapists who run their own practices share similar financial situations, goals, and plans. Janet is one such therapist who took the reins of her practice’s finances to more easily achieve her goals in a consistent manner and defined timeframe.
Each month Janet works down through the Cheatsheet, updating her income and expenses. She then transfers a specific amount of money to her savings account to cover taxes, save for retirement, and build her savings. She can see how much money she is earning and can compare that to her goal for the year. Based on the data in front of her, she can see she is on track to hit her salary goal for the year, even as she saves for retirement. And thanks to Janet’s careful planning, she can even take a two-week vacation without affecting her finances.
The TL;DR: Accounting for Your Practice course was developed to give new practices a solid foundation to begin managing their finances. This course provides enough information to stop worrying about your money so that you can focus on your clients. TL;DR: Accounting for Your Practice was setup to be easy to follow and apply to your own practice—even if you find numbers overwhelming!
TL;DR: Accounting for Your Practice teaches you how to:
Keep and maintain records
Reach your target salary
Plan for your Federal, State, and Local Taxes
Save for retirement
Understand your numbers
Included in the course are resources such as an Excel income and expense tracking sheet, ways to estimate your taxes and retirement, and checklists for your month, quarter, and year. Plus our Cheatsheet of must get done tasks!
- Welcome to the course! FREE PREVIEW
- Before we begin...
- Practice Finances - Download
- Quick Start Guide for Course
- One Page Cheat Sheet
- Practice Finances Video
- Average Session Fee
- Target Salary
- TL;DR: Bookkeeping - What I should be keeping track of?
- TL;DR: Saving for Retirement
- TL;DR: Who do I need to file a 1099-Misc for?
- Income Statement - Practice Finances
- Understanding your Numbers
- Personal vs Business Expenses FREE PREVIEW
- Federal Estimated Taxes
- TL;DR: State & Local Taxes
- Questions & Answers!
- Additional Resources
- Before you go...
- TL;DR: Steps to create your PLLC FREE PREVIEW
- Home Sweet Home - The Home Office Deduction & Your Practice
- Managing your Money Webinar - Replay
- EBook: TL;DR: First Year in Practice
- Are you planning on starting your practice in the next 3 months?
- Did you start your practice within the last 12 months?
- Do you worry about the business side of your practice?
- Are you located in Washington State?
If you answered yes, then this course will help you build a solid financial foundation.
TL;DR: Accounting for Your Practice gives you the knowledge and expertise to stop worrying about if you are doing your books right so you can focus on what you do best: serving and providing for your clients.
Do you talk about how to do my taxes?
We cover what you should be keeping track of for your income and expenses. In addition, we cover how to calculate your federal estimated taxes. We walk you through filing your State & Local tax filings for Washington.
I am easily overwhelmed with numbers... will this help?
Each lesson is broken down into bite-sized pieces. We include a cheat sheet and if all you can handle is to do the cheat sheet items you are already ahead of the game.
What if I still have questions after taking the course?
We have a discussion section where you can ask any additional questions you might have.
What are my other Options for Working with you?
TL;DR: Accounting offers a wide range of accounting and tax services for Therapy Practices. Check out www.tldraccounting.com/pricing If you need one on one support to learn how to handle your practice’s finances, we offer Private Practice Just Start Package with One-on-One Support for $1,200
How much does the course cost?
A one-time payment of $295.